Being single in the summer is like being a kid in a candy store, sure. But being coupled up during the year’s hottest months also has its benefits. Grab your special someone and celebrate the warm weather and long weekends we’ve all been waiting for. Here are 25 items to check off your to-do list before Labor Day.
1. Go skinny-dipping.
2. Race each other—down the block, in canoes, or from the front seats of go-karts.
3. Make out at the top of a Ferris wheel.
4. Buy a guide—or download an app—and go on a stargazing date.
5. Watch the sunset from the hood of a car.
6. Camp out in your backyard.
7. Have a candlelit outdoor dinner.
8. Kiss as fireworks explode in the background.
9. Get cozy at a drive-in movie.
10. Write your initials in the sand.
11. Get a couples massage, preferably on the beach.
12. Rent a convertible.
13. Eat a ridiculously expensive dinner at a trendy rooftop restaurant—or carry PB&Js up to your own roof.
14. Dance outside in a summer rain shower.
15. Leave a sweet sticky note on his bathroom mirror.
16. People-watch in a park, and make up stories for each couple you see.
17. Have a picnic—eating on the floor while you watch TV counts.
18. Take a bike ride.
19. Make a bet over a round of mini golf.
20. Be like kids and go fly a kite.
21. Volunteer at an animal shelter, and walk the dogs outdoors.
22. Compete for who can take the most ridiculous selfie.
23. Play in the sprinklers (or with a garden hose) to cool off on a hot day.
24. Share an ice cream cone.
25. Kiss in the ocean.