Orgasm is an important part of sex, but some women may not achieve as many or have them as often as they would like. We’ve got seven tips to heighten arousal and spice up your sex life.
1. Focus on breathing. Better breathing makes for a strong orgasm. As you feel yourself getting close, try concentrating on slower, more controlled breaths through your nose, and not your mouth. This will relax your body; and the more relaxed a person is, the better the orgasm.
2. Practice Kegels. Having firm pelvic muscles is a great way to achieve better orgasms, which is why doing Kegel exercises is key. They involve the act of clenching and then relaxing the muscles, which makes them stronger and allows for a mind-blowing orgasm!
3. Try masturbation. Sex alone isn’t what’s going to help you reach climax. In fact, according to a 2003 German study, only 29% of women report having an orgasm through vaginal intercourse alone. All you need to get you climaxing in no time may be a bit of clitoral stimulation!
4. Delay pleasure. Prolonging release is another way to achieve a great orgasm. So as you feel yourself nearing it, slow things down a bit. Build it up (and down again) a few more times before you climax—you won’t be sorry.
5. Pick a position. One particular sex position may not be doing it for you; so try various ones until a particular pose stands out and keeps you happy!
6. Increase friction. Friction is usually important when it comes to sex and orgasms, so if you find it lacking, one trick is to squeeze your legs together as your man thrusts inside of you. This will create friction from his penis to your clitoris, aiding your eventual orgasm.
7. Create excitement. It’s not just a particular touch, toy, position or technique that will help with orgasms; sometimes, it’s merely doing something out of the ordinary that does the trick. So switch up your usual routine for titillating results!
Want to spice up your sex life even further? Try our Pleasure Poses tool for dozens of hot position suggestions!